Salted Chewy Cashew-Caramel Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs until combined. In a medium bowl stir together flour, crushed pretzels, baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until combined. Stir in oats. Remove 1 cup of the oat mixture for topping. Press the remaining mixture evenly onto the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan cook and stir sweetened condensed milk and caramel bits over medium-low heat until caramel is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour caramel mixture over oat mixture in pan. Sprinkle with chocolate pieces, cashews, and sea salt. Drop the remaining oat mixture in spoonfuls on top of filling.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut bars out of pan. Cut into bars.
Test Kitchen Tip
Don't be a square. Have some fun with bar shapes. To make triangles, cut large squares, then cut each square in half diagonally. Or cut the baked mixture into long, thin sticks.
Nutrition Facts (Salted Chewy Cashew-Caramel Bars)
- Per serving:
- 176 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 18 mg chol.,
- 144 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 16 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet