- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 12 ounces fresh tomatillos, husked, or one 13-ounce can tomatillos, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 fresh serrano or jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
1. Finely chop tomatillos. In a small bowl stir together chopped tomatillos, cilantro, red onion, chile pepper, salt, and sugar. Cover and chill for 4 hours to 3 days before serving, stirring occasionally.
2. Serve as a dip for chips or as a condiment for tacos, tostadas, or grilled meats or fish.
- cal. (kcal) 13,
- carb. (g) 2,
- sodium (mg) 75,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet