Salmon Kabobs with Cucumber-Feta Salsa
- Thaw salmon, if frozen. Rinse salmon; pat dry with paper towels. Cut salmon into twelve 1/2-inch-wide strips. In a medium bowl stir together salmon strips and salad dressing. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; marinate salmon in the refrigerator for 45 minutes (do not marinate any longer). Thinly slice two of the lemons, cutting six slices from each lemon (12 slices total). Juice the remaining lemon to get 3 tablespoons lemon juice; set slices and juice aside.
- For cucumber salad, in a large bowl combine cucumber, feta cheese, red onion, and olives. Add the lemon juice, olive oil, mint, parsley, 1 tablespoon snipped dillweed, the salt, and pepper; stir gently to combine. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Remove salmon strips from marinade, reserving marinade. Thread two salmon strips, accordion-style, onto each of six 12-inch skewers (see tip, page xx), alternating salmon strips with folded lemon slices.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, place kabobs on a grill rack directly over medium heat for 6 to 9 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning and brushing once with reserved marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Serve with cucumber salad. If desired, garnish with dillweed sprigs.
Nutrition Facts (Salmon Kabobs with Cucumber-Feta Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 490 kcal cal.,
- 36 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 13 g monounsatured fat),
- 96 mg chol.,
- 844 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 30 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet