Salmon-Asparagus Lasagna Rolls
dried lasagna noodles
ounces fresh asparagus or one 8-ounce package frozen asparagus spears
8 ounce tub cream cheese spread with chive and onion
cup finely shredded Pecorino Romano cheese or Parmesan cheese (4 ounces)
4 ounce piece smoked salmon, flaked and skin and bones removed
10 3/4 ounce can condensed cream of celery soup
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 2-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, adding fresh or frozen asparagus for the last 3 minutes of cooking. Using tongs, transfer asparagus to a colander; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Remove from colander. Drain noodles in colander. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Place noodles in a single layer on a sheet of foil; set aside.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium bowl combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the Pecorino Romano cheese, and the 2 tablespoons milk. Gently stir in salmon. Spread about 2 tablespoons of the filling over each lasagna noodle. Place 3 or 4 stalks of asparagus at one end; roll up each noodle into a spiral. Place lasagna rolls, seam sides down, in the prepared baking dish.
- For sauce, in another medium bowl combine soup, the 1/4 cup milk, and the lemon peel. Pour over lasagna rolls. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese.
- Bake, covered, for 35 minutes. Bake, uncovered, about 10 minutes more or until mixture is heated through and cheese is lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts(Salmon-Asparagus Lasagna Rolls)
- Per serving:
- 561 kcal cal.,
- 30 g fat
- (18 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 92 mg chol.,
- 1245 mg sodium,
- 48 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet