- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 medium fennel bulb (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
1. Trim off stem end of fennel; quarter fennel but do not remove core. Place fennel in a small microwave-safe dish or pie plate. Add the water. Cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) about 4 minutes or until nearly tender; drain.
2. Meanwhile, for dressing, in small bowl combine oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; whisk until smooth. Brush fennel and asparagus with 1 tablespoon of the dressing; set remaining dressing aside.
3. Grill fennel on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Add asparagus to the grill; grill vegetables for 7 to 8 minutes more or until vegetables are tender, turning occasionally.
4. Transfer fennel to a cutting board; cool slightly and slice into 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick slices, discarding core. Divide fennel and asparagus among 4 dinner plates. Arrange spinach on top. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Top with Parmesan cheese and basil. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 111,
- Fat, total (g) 9,
- chol. (mg) 5,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 5,
- fiber (g) 7,
- pro. (g) 4,
- vit. A (RE) 41,
- vit. C (mg) 14,
- sodium (mg) 231,
- calcium (mg) 71,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet