- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh sweet cherries, pitted
- 4 cups mixed greens, such as shredded Napa cabbage, torn romaine, and/or torn spinach
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves or larger basil leaves, shredded
1. For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine oil, vinegar, shallot, horseradish, sugar, salt, and pepper. Cover and shake well; set aside.
2. Halve cherries, if desired; set aside 1/4 cup of the cherries. In a large salad bowl combine the greens and remaining cherries. Toss with dressing. Top salad with almonds, basil, and reserved 1/4 cup cherries.