Truffle Oil Salad
For this versatile side-dish salad, you pick the topping that best suits your family's time and tastes.
Truffle Oil Salad
- In a screw-top jar combine rice vinegar, lemon juice, salad oil, truffle oil, sugar, salt, and pepper. Cover; shake to mix thoroughly.
- Divide salad greens among 6 plates. Arrange apples and turnip over greens. Sprinkle walnuts atop. Shake dressing and drizzle each serving with about 1 tablespoon dressing. Refrigerate remaining dressing for another use. If desired, arrange croutons, Cheese Cups, and/or Goat Cheese Slices on plate with salad. Makes 6 side-dish servings. (Nutrition facts are per serving without cheese garnish.)
From the Test Kitchen
Truffle oil is available at food specialty stores and from food mail-order companies. This recipe may be halved to serve 2 or 3.
Goat Cheese Slices
- Cut 4 ounces semisoft goat cheese into 6 slices. Coat the cheese slices with 2 tablespoons snipped fresh tarragon or dillweed or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon or dillweed, crushed. Makes 6 slices.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened, and 1/4 cup shredded Havarti cheese, such as dill or other herb flavor, or smoked cheddar cheese (1 ounce) together until combined. Fill each pastry cup with about 1 teaspoon of cheese filling. Place filled cups on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until hot and cheese has softened. Serve warm. Makes 12 cups.
- After filling cups with cheese, cover and chill until serving time. Bake in a 400 degree F oven about 5 to 7 minutes or until hot and cheese has softened.
Nutrition Facts (Truffle Oil Salad)
- Per serving:
- 74 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 76 mg sodium,
- 7 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet