Thai Tuna Salad
- Combine tuna, red and yellow sweet pepper, snow pea pods, and green onion in a large bowl. Gently toss to mix.
- Toss together the napa or Chinese cabbage and tuna mixture in a large salad bowl.
- For dressing, combine rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, ginger, and crushed red pepper in a screw-top jar. Cover and shake well.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and chill for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with peanuts. If desired, garnish with edible flowers. Makes 4 servings.
To grill tuna:
- Brush both sides of 1-inch-thick tuna steaks with 1 tablespoon lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the tuna steaks on a greased grill rack directly over medium coals for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once.
- 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 4-1/2 meat, 1/2 fat.
From the Test Kitchen
Combine tuna and vegetables; cover and chill up to 1 day before adding dressing.
Nutrition Facts (Thai Tuna Salad)
- Per serving:
- 260 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 47 mg chol.,
- 230 mg sodium,
- 13 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 32 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet