Stuffed Tomato Flowers
- For dressing, combine white wine or apple juice, lemon peel, lemon juice, olive oil, fresh or dried dillweed, parsley, garlic, pepper, and salt.
- For filling, toss together rice, garbanzo beans, sweet pepper, cucumber, raisins, carrot, green onion, and olives in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Core each tomato. Make six lengthwise cuts from top of each tomato almost to but not through bottom, creating six wedges. Gently fan out wedges; place a tomato on each serving plate. Spoon about 3/4 cup filling into each tomato. Makes 6 servings.
- 1 vegetable, 2 starch, 1/2 fat
Nutrition Facts (Stuffed Tomato Flowers)
- Per serving:
- 202 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 407 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet