Stuffed Tomato Flowers
cup dry white wine or apple juice
teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
tablespoons lemon juice
tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
tablespoon snipped parsley
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
cups cooked brown rice
15 ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
cup chopped, seeded cucumber
cup golden raisins, coarsely chopped
medium carrot, chopped
medium green onions, sliced
tablespoons chopped green olives
- For dressing, combine white wine or apple juice, lemon peel, lemon juice, olive oil, fresh or dried dillweed, parsley, garlic, pepper, and salt.
- For filling, toss together rice, garbanzo beans, sweet pepper, cucumber, raisins, carrot, green onion, and olives in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Core each tomato. Make six lengthwise cuts from top of each tomato almost to but not through bottom, creating six wedges. Gently fan out wedges; place a tomato on each serving plate. Spoon about 3/4 cup filling into each tomato. Makes 6 servings.
- 1 vegetable, 2 starch, 1/2 fat
Nutrition Facts(Stuffed Tomato Flowers)
- Per serving:
- 202 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 407 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet