Spinach Salad with Brie Toast
cup white wine vinegar
cup orange juice
teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
cup canola or olive oil
teaspoons finely snipped fresh sage
teaspoon kosher salt or salt
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4-inch slices baguette, toasted
ounces Brie cheese, cut in 16 wedges
cups prewashed baby spinach
cup dried cranberries
cup shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas), toasted (optional)
- For the dressing, in saucepan combine cranberries, sugar, and vinegar. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, 5 minutes or until cranberries soften and begin to pop. Remove from heat; cool.
- Transfer cranberry mixture to blender. Blend on high until nearly smooth. Add juice and mustard; process to blend. With blender running, slowly pour in oil until slightly thickened and creamy. Transfer to bowl. Whisk in sage, salt, and pepper.
- For Brie toast, preheat broiler. Place wedge of cheese on each toasted bread slice. Broil 5 or 4 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Toss spinach, dried cranberries, and seeds with 3/4 cup of the dressing. Serve with toast. Pass additional dressing. Serves 8.
Nutrition Facts(Spinach Salad with Brie Toast)
- Per serving:
- 264 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 28 mg chol.,
- 357 mg sodium,
- 19 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet