cups torn fresh prewashed baby spinach
cup dried apricots, snipped
tablespoon olive oil
clove garlic, thinly sliced or minced
teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper
tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Remove stems from spinach, if desired. In a large bowl combine spinach and apricots; set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium heat. Cook and stir garlic in hot oil until golden. Stir in the balsamic vinegar. Bring to boiling; remove from heat.
- Add the spinach-apricot mixture to skillet. Return to heat and toss mixture in skillet about 1 minute or until spinach is just wilted.
- Transfer mixture to a serving dish. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve salad immediately. Makes 4 side-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts(Spinach-Apricot Salad)
- Per serving:
- 91 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 146 mg sodium,
- 9 g carb.,
- 7 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet