- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 8 cups torn fresh prewashed baby spinach
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, snipped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced or minced
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
1. Remove stems from spinach, if desired. In a large bowl combine spinach and apricots; set aside.
2. In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium heat. Cook and stir garlic in hot oil until golden. Stir in the balsamic vinegar. Bring to boiling; remove from heat.
3. Add the spinach-apricot mixture to skillet. Return to heat and toss mixture in skillet about 1 minute or until spinach is just wilted.
4. Transfer mixture to a serving dish. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve salad immediately. Makes 4 side-dish servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 91,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 9,
- fiber (g) 7,
- pro. (g) 3,
- vit. A (RE) 412,
- vit. C (mg) 9,
- sodium (mg) 146,
- calcium (mg) 61,
- iron (mg) 5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet