Make this side dish salad into a main dish or low calorie lunch by adding grilled chicken.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 20 mins
cups torn fresh prewashed baby spinach
cup dried apricots, snipped
tablespoon olive oil
clove garlic, thinly sliced or minced
teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper
tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Remove stems from spinach, if desired. In a large bowl combine spinach and apricots; set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium heat. Cook and stir garlic in hot oil until golden. Stir in the balsamic vinegar. Bring to boiling; remove from heat.
- Add the spinach-apricot mixture to skillet. Return to heat and toss mixture in skillet about 1 minute or until spinach is just wilted.
- Transfer mixture to a serving dish. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve salad immediately. Makes 4 side-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts (Spinach-Apricot Salad)
- Per serving:
- 91 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 146 mg sodium,
- 9 g carb.,
- 7 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesSalad Recipes