- Makes: 10 servings
- Yields: 10 side-dish servings
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
Sparkling Kumquat Salad
cup walnut pieces, toasted
cup pomegranate seeds
tablespoons snipped fresh fennel leafy tops
recipe Sparkling Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
cups torn mixed salad greens
fennel bulb, thinly sliced
cup kumquats, seeds removed and thinly sliced
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl combine walnut pieces, pomegranate seeds, fennel tops, and 1 tablespoon of the Sparkling Vinaigrette; set aside.
- In a large salad bowl combine salad greens, sliced fennel, kumquats, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with remaining Sparkling Vinaigrette. Toss gently to coat. Sprinkle the salad with the walnut mixture. Makes 10 side-dish servings.
cup coarsely chopped and seeded kumquats
cup chilled sparkling white wine or chilled alcohol-free sparkling white grape beverage
cup walnut oil
teaspoon black pepper
teaspoon ground coriander or ground cardamom
- In a blender container or small food processor bowl combine kumquats, sparkling white wine or chilled alcohol-free sparkling white grape beverage, walnut oil, shallot, salt, black pepper, and ground coriander or ground cardamom. Cover and blend or process until nearly smooth.
Nutrition Facts (Sparkling Kumquat Salad)
- Per serving:
- 130 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 139 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet