Skillet-Roasted Potato Salad
pound potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (do not peel potatoes)
tablespoons cooking oil or olive oil
medium summer squash, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces (8 ounces total)
cup bottled white wine, olive oil or Italian vinaigrette, or other oil-and-vinegar salad dressing
small red sweet pepper, cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch squares
cherry tomatoes, halved
teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
cup snipped fresh parsley
Sprigs of fresh thyme (optional)
- In a large skillet cook potatoes in hot oil over medium heat about 15 minutes, or until tender and brown on all sides, turning occasionally. Spoon potatoes into serving bowl. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- To same skillet add summer squash. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until just tender. Add to the potatoes in the serving bowl.
- Pour vinaigrette dressing over potatoes and summer squash. Add sweet pepper, tomatoes, parsley, and thyme. Toss gently to mix. Cool.
- Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours, stirring salad occasionally. Top with thyme sprigs, if desired. Makes 6 side-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts(Skillet-Roasted Potato Salad)
- Per serving:
- 172 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 103 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet