- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 pound potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (do not peel potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil or olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium summer squash, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces (8 ounces total)
- 1/3 cup bottled white wine, olive oil or Italian vinaigrette, or other oil-and-vinegar salad dressing
- 1 small red sweet pepper, cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch squares
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- Sprigs of fresh thyme (optional)
1. In a large skillet cook potatoes in hot oil over medium heat about 15 minutes, or until tender and brown on all sides, turning occasionally. Spoon potatoes into serving bowl. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
2. To same skillet add summer squash. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until just tender. Add to the potatoes in the serving bowl.
3. Pour vinaigrette dressing over potatoes and summer squash. Add sweet pepper, tomatoes, parsley, and thyme. Toss gently to mix. Cool.
4. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours, stirring salad occasionally. Top with thyme sprigs, if desired. Makes 6 side-dish servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 172,
- Fat, total (g) 12,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 15,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 3,
- vit. A (RE) 113,
- vit. C (mg) 43,
- sodium (mg) 103,
- calcium (mg) 20,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet