Shrimp on Greens with Garlic Vinaigrette
pounds fresh or frozen large shrimp
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
tablespoons olive oil
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoons white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
tablespoons white wine vinegar
cups fresh chicory leaves, trimmed and coarsely torn
cups packed fresh baby spinach leaves
head Belgian endive, trimmed and thinly sliced crosswise
ounce Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact, if desired. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle lightly with salt and black pepper.
- In small saucepan heat oil and garlic over low heat for 5 minutes to infuse the oil with the garlic flavor. Whisk in wine, vinegar, and thyme. Keep warm over very low heat.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once halfway through cooking.
- In a large bowl combine chicory, spinach, and endive. Add warm garlic mixture; toss gently to coat. Divide among 4 serving plates. Top with grilled shrimp and Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Shrimp on Greens with Garlic Vinaigrette)
- Per serving:
- 288 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 264 mg chol.,
- 588 mg sodium,
- 4 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 0 g sugar,
- 38 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet