Shrimp Fritters with Romaine
pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, tails removed
green onions, thinly sliced
teaspoons seafood seasoning blend
cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
head romaine, sliced crosswise
- Coarsely chop shrimp. In bowl beat egg. Add shrimp, two-thirds of the onions, the flour, and 2 teaspoons seasoning.
- In large skillet heat 1/4 cup cooking oil over medium-high heat. In 1/3-cup portions, carefully drop about half the shrimp mixture in hot oil; slightly flatten with spatula. Cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden and heated through. Transfer to paper towels; cover and keep warm. Cook remaining shrimp mixture.
- Shred 2 teaspoons peel from lime. Cut lime in half. Juice half into bowl. Stir in peel, mayonnaise, remaining seasoning, and honey. Cut remaining lime half in wedges. Serve fritters with romaine, mayonnaise mixture, lime wedges and remaining green onion. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Shrimp Fritters with Romaine)
- Per serving:
- 455 kcal cal.,
- 31 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 18 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 281 mg chol.,
- 385 mg sodium,
- 17 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 28 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet