Scott's Holiday Salad
- In bowl pour 1/2 cup cold water. Sprinkle the unflavored gelatin over to soften, about 10 minutes.
- In a non-reactive saucepan, combine 1 cup water, the vinegar, sugar, and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until hot and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; add softened gelatin mixture, stirring until dissolved. Transfer to large bowl.
- Place bowl over very large bowl of ice water. Stir occasionally until completely cold and just beginning to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Stir cucumbers, green onion, and celery into cold mixture. Pour into a 6- to 8-cup non-reactive mold or dish that has been lightly oiled. Wrap mold with plastic wrap; refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- To unmold, dip mold briefly (10 seconds or less) into very hot water. Invert mold onto a serving dish. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Scott's Holiday Salad)
- Per serving:
- 117 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 254 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 26 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet