- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 - 4 fresh small goat cheeses (crottins)
- 8 slices country white bread
- Good olive oil
- Salad greens for 4 salads
- Green Salad Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Cut each goat cheese round horizontally into 2 or 3 half-inch slices. Place bread on a baking sheet, brush lightly with olive oil, and place a slice of goat cheese on each piece. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until bread is toasted and cheese is warm.
3. Meanwhile, place salad greens in a large bowl and toss with enough Green Salad Vinaigrette to moisten. Divide the salad among 4 lunch plates. Place 2 slices of toasted bread on each salad, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve. Makes 4 salads.
- If you are concerned about the safety of using a raw egg yolk, use 2 tablespoons refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, in place of the yolk. The yolk can be omitted altogether, but the dressing will be less rich and creamy.
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 extra-large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
1. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, garlic, egg yolk, kosher salt, and pepper. Gradually add olive oil, whisking until the vinaigrette is emulsified.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 565,
- Fat, total (g) 45,
- chol. (mg) 75,
- sat. fat (g) 11,
- carb. (g) 29,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 12,
- vit. A (IU) 1215,
- vit. C (mg) 5,
- sodium (mg) 998,
- calcium (mg) 202,
- iron (mg) 3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet