Salad with Warm Goat Cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut each goat cheese round horizontally into 2 or 3 half-inch slices. Place bread on a baking sheet, brush lightly with olive oil, and place a slice of goat cheese on each piece. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until bread is toasted and cheese is warm.
- Meanwhile, place salad greens in a large bowl and toss with enough Green Salad Vinaigrette to moisten. Divide the salad among 4 lunch plates. Place 2 slices of toasted bread on each salad, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve. Makes 4 salads.
From the Test Kitchen
If you are concerned about the safety of using a raw egg yolk, use 2 tablespoons refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, in place of the yolk. The yolk can be omitted altogether, but the dressing will be less rich and creamy.
Green Salad Vinaigrette
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, garlic, egg yolk, kosher salt, and pepper. Gradually add olive oil, whisking until the vinaigrette is emulsified.
Nutrition Facts (Salad with Warm Goat Cheese)
- Per serving:
- 565 kcal cal.,
- 45 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 75 mg chol.,
- 998 mg sodium,
- 29 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 12 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet