- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 12 ounce package baby carrots (2-1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces boiling onions, peeled
- 12 ounces baby beets, peeled if desired, or beets, peeled and cut up
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley or chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups mixed baby greens
1. Toss together carrots and onions. Spread evenly in half of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Place beets in opposite half of pan. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over vegetables. Cover with foil and bake in a 400 degree F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until tender. Transfer carrots and onions with a slotted spoon to a storage container; cover. Transfer beets to a separate storage container; cover.
2. Add 1 tablespoon hot water to baking pan, stirring to dislodge any browned bits. For dressing, combine liquid in pan, the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, the vinegar, orange juice, parsley or chives, salt, and pepper in a screw-top jar. Cover and shake to combine. Place greens in self-sealing plastic bag; seal.
3. Transport vegetables and dressing in a picnic basket. Transport greens in an insulated cooler with ice packs.
4. To serve, toss together the beets, carrots and onions, greens, and dressing. Makes 6 side-dish servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 107,
- Fat, total (g) 5,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 14,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 2,
- vit. A (RE) 124,
- vit. C (mg) 11,
- sodium (mg) 129,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet