- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 16 ounce can sliced white potatoes, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/4 cups cooked or canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained (about 3/4 of a 15-ounce can)
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup reduced-calorie Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 yellow or green sweet peppers, halved and seeded, or lettuce leaves (optional)
1. In a large bowl combine the potatoes, chickpeas, celery, olives, and green onion. Add the salad dressing; toss gently to coat the vegetables. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
2. At serving time, stir in the cherry tomatoes. Spoon salad mixture into the sweet pepper halves or serve on lettuce leaves, if desired. Makes 4 side-dish servings.