Poached Salmon on Citrus Salad
oranges (navel, blood, Cara Cara or tangerines)
4 ounces skinless salmon filets, about 1 inch thick
cup olive oil
tablespoons cooking oil
wonton wrappers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
7 ounce bunch watercress, trimmed, or 4 cups arugula or baby spinach
- Finely shred 1 teaspoon peel from lime; set aside. Juice lime and 2 oranges; reserve 1/4 cup for dressing. Pour remaining in large nonstick skillet with lime peel and 1/2 cup water. Bring to boiling; add salmon. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 8 to 12 minutes, until fish easily flakes with fork.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, in bowl whisk together reserved juice, olive oil, and sugar; season with salt and pepper.
- In second large skillet heat cooking oil over medium-high. Cook wontons, 1 to 2 minutes, stirring often, until crisp.
- Peel and section remaining oranges. Drizzle dressing on greens, oranges, and salmon. Pass wontons. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Poached Salmon on Citrus Salad)
- Per serving:
- 557 kcal cal.,
- 36 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 11 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 15 g monounsatured fat),
- 63 mg chol.,
- 302 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 20 g sugar,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet