Pasta, Red Bean, and Parsley Toss
ounces dried medium shell pasta or desired pasta
cups broccoli florets
tablespoon olive oil
cups chopped onion
15 ounce can red beans, drained, reserving 1/4 cup of liquid
cup chicken broth
teaspoons chili powder
cup finely shredded pecorino or Parmesan cheese
cup snipped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, adding broccoli the last 3 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat to medium; cook about 5 minutes more or until onion is tender.
- Increase heat to high; add pasta, broccoli, beans, chicken broth, reserved bean liquid, and chili powder to pan. Cook over high heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cheese and parsley. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve pasta with grated hard cooked egg.
Nutrition Facts(Pasta, Red Bean, and Parsley Toss)
- Per serving:
- 422 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 11 mg chol.,
- 796 mg sodium,
- 70 g carb.,
- 11 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet