- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
Pasta, Red Bean, and Parsley Toss
ounces dried medium shell pasta or desired pasta
cups broccoli florets
tablespoon olive oil
cups chopped onion
15 ounce can red beans, drained, reserving 1/4 cup of liquid
cup chicken broth
teaspoons chili powder
cup finely shredded pecorino or Parmesan cheese
cup snipped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, adding broccoli the last 3 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat to medium; cook about 5 minutes more or until onion is tender.
- Increase heat to high; add pasta, broccoli, beans, chicken broth, reserved bean liquid, and chili powder to pan. Cook over high heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cheese and parsley. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve pasta with grated hard cooked egg.
Nutrition Facts (Pasta, Red Bean, and Parsley Toss)
- Per serving:
- 422 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 11 mg chol.,
- 796 mg sodium,
- 70 g carb.,
- 11 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet