- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 1/2-inch thick slices French bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
1. In a large skillet melt margarine or butter. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Add bread cubes, stirring until cubes are coated with margarine mixture. Spread cubes in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a 300 degrees F oven for 10 minutes; stir.
2. Continue baking about 5 minutes more or until bread cubes are dry and crisp. Cool completely before using. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve as a salad accompaniment. Makes about 2 cups (12 servings).
- Prepare croutons up to 1 week before serving. Store tightly covered.