- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 medium red or yellow pears, such as Bartlett
- Lemon juice
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 4 cups leaf lettuce
- 3 oranges, peeled, halved, and sectioned
- 1 recipe Herbed Balsamic Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
1. Slice pears; brush cut edges with lemon juice. On a serving platter arrange spinach and lettuce. Top with orange and pear slices.
2. Before serving, add dressing; toss to coat. Makes 8 to 10 side-dish servings.
- Up to 4 hours ahead, prepare salad but do not add dressing. Cover and chill. Serve as above.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 - 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh basil (or 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil)
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme (or 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh marjoram (or 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram)
1. In a screw-top jar combine olive oil; balsamic or wine vinegar; sugar, if desired; fresh basil or dried basil, crushed; fresh thyme or dried thyme, crushed; fresh marjoram or dried marjoram, crushed. Cover the jar and shake well to mix.
2. Chill the dressing until serving time or up to 1 week. Makes about 1/2 cup vinaigrette.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 112,
- Fat, total (g) 7,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 12,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 1,
- vit. A (RE) 206,
- vit. C (mg) 23,
- sodium (mg) 26,
- calcium (mg) 30,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet