Orange-Pear Spinach Salad
- Slice pears; brush cut edges with lemon juice. On a serving platter arrange spinach and lettuce. Top with orange and pear slices.
- Before serving, add dressing; toss to coat. Makes 8 to 10 side-dish servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Up to 4 hours ahead, prepare salad but do not add dressing. Cover and chill. Serve as above.
Herbed Balsamic Vinaigrette
- In a screw-top jar combine olive oil; balsamic or wine vinegar; sugar, if desired; fresh basil or dried basil, crushed; fresh thyme or dried thyme, crushed; fresh marjoram or dried marjoram, crushed. Cover the jar and shake well to mix.
- Chill the dressing until serving time or up to 1 week. Makes about 1/2 cup vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts (Orange-Pear Spinach Salad)
- Per serving:
- 112 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 26 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet