Lemon Breakfast Parfaits
cup fat-free milk
cup lemon low-fat yogurt
cup reduced-calorie dairy sour cream
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
Chopped crystallized ginger (optional)
Fresh mint (optional)
- In a medium saucepan bring the milk and salt to boiling; stir in the couscous. Simmer, covered, for 1 minute. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir with a fork until fluffy. Cool.
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt, sour cream, honey, and lemon peel; stir into the couscous. In another bowl combine desired fruit.
- To serve, divide half of the fruit mixture among 6 parfait glasses. Spoon couscous mixture over fruit; top with remaining fruit. If desired, garnish with chopped crystallized ginger and mint. Makes 6 servings.
- 1 Starch, 1/2 Fruit, 1/2 Fat
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare couscous mixture; cover and chill up to 4 hours. Prepare fruit; cover and chill up to 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts(Lemon Breakfast Parfaits)
- Per serving:
- 127 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 6 mg chol.,
- 70 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet