Layered Vegetable Salad
cups torn mixed salad greens
15 ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained, or one 10-ounce package frozen peas, thawed
cup cherry tomatoes, quartered or halved
cup thinly sliced fennel bulb or broccoli florets
cup chopped yellow and/or red sweet pepper (1 large)
ounces diced cooked ham (1 cup)
cup thinly sliced green onions (2)
cup mayonnaise, light mayonnaise dressing, or salad dressing
tablespoon snipped fennel tops (optional)
teaspoon ground white pepper or black pepper
cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese or cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
- Place mixed greens in the bottom of a 3-quart clear salad bowl. Layer in the following order: garbanzo beans, tomatoes, sliced fennel, sweet pepper, ham, and green onions.
- For dressing, stir together mayonnaise, milk, snipped fennel tops (if desired), and white pepper. Spoon dressing over salad. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- Before serving, top salad with shredded cheese; toss lightly to coat evenly. Makes 8 to 10 side-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts(Layered Vegetable Salad)
- Per serving:
- 352 kcal cal.,
- 29 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 13 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 34 mg chol.,
- 676 mg sodium,
- 13 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 10 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet