Layered Tuna Salad
Layers of grilled tuna, fresh sweet corn, and Yukon gold potato slices are drizzled with a citrusy lime dressing in this main dish recipe.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 50 mins
- Chill: 2 hrs .
Layered Tuna Salad
pounds fresh ahi tuna fillets, cut 1 inch thick
tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
pounds small new Yukon gold potatoes, thinly sliced
ears fresh sweet corn
cup chopped fresh cilantro
green onions, sliced
jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
Lime Dressing, below
Lime Wedges (optional)
- Rinse tuna; pat dry. Brush tuna with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. For charcoal grill, grill tuna on greased rack of uncovered grill directly over medium coals, 8 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork and center is slightly pink, turning once. (For gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place tuna on greased rack over heat. Cover; grill as above.)
- Meanwhile, cook potato slices in boiling salted water 5 to 8 minutes or until tender. Drain; set aside Cut corn from cob .
- In small bowl combine cilantro, green onions, and jalapeno; cover and chill. Prepare Lime Dressing; set aside. Break tuna into 3/4-inch pieces.
- Place tuna evenly on bottom of 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Drizzle with a 1/3 of the Lime Dressing. Add potatoes; drizzle with another 1/3 of the dressing. Add corn and drizzle with remaining dressing. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Cover and chill in refrigerator 2 to 3 hours
- To serve, top with cilantro mixture and sweet pepper. Sprinkle with chili powder; pass lime wedges. Makes 6 servings.
teaspoons freshly shredded lime peel (3 limes)
cup lime juice
cup extra virgin olive oil
cloves minced garlic
teaspoons ground coriander
teaspoons ground cumin
teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Finely shred 2 teaspoons of peel from 3 limes. Squeeze enough lime juice to equal 1/2 cup. In small bowl whisk together lime peel, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, coriander, cumin, salt, and freshly ground pepper.
Nutrition Facts (Layered Tuna Salad)
- Per serving:
- 483 kcal cal.,
- 23 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 15 g monounsatured fat),
- 51 mg chol.,
- 366 mg sodium,
- 42 g carb.,
- 7 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 33 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBreakfast and Brunch Fish and Seafood Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Fish and Seafood Recipes, Fruit Salad Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Recipes, Heart Healthy Dinners, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Potato Recipes, Potato Salad Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Salad Dressing Recipes, Salad Recipes, Seasonal Recipes, Shellfish Recipes, Summer Salad Recipes, Tomato Salad Recipes, Tuna Casseroles, Tuna Salad Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes, Vegetable Salad Recipes