- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup torn watercress, tough stems removed
- 1 cup baby mustard greens or baby spinach
- 1 cup edible flowers
- 3 medium cucumbers
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or salad oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1. Combine watercress, mustard greens, and edible flowers.
2. Remove lengthwise strips of peel from cucumber. Cut cucumbers into 2-1/2-inch lengths. Using a peeler-corer, remove core leaving a 1/4-inch shell. Tuck some of the greens mixture into cored end of each of the cucumber shells.
3. Stand filled cucumbers, greens end up, on a serving platter. Arrange remaining greens mixture on platter, if desired, or place remaining greens mixture in a serving bowl.
4. In a screw-top jar combine vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper. Cover; shake well. Drizzle some of the dressing over the cucumber bouquets. Pass remainder with cucumbers and greens. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 55,
- Fat, total (g) 5,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 4,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 1,
- vit. A (RE) 113,
- vit. C (mg) 10,
- sodium (mg) 101,
- calcium (mg) 20,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet