Kitchen Garden Bouquet Salad
cup torn watercress, tough stems removed
cup baby mustard greens or baby spinach
cup edible flowers
cup tarragon vinegar or white wine vinegar
tablespoons olive oil or salad oil
teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Combine watercress, mustard greens, and edible flowers.
- Remove lengthwise strips of peel from cucumber. Cut cucumbers into 2-1/2-inch lengths. Using a peeler-corer, remove core leaving a 1/4-inch shell. Tuck some of the greens mixture into cored end of each of the cucumber shells.
- Stand filled cucumbers, greens end up, on a serving platter. Arrange remaining greens mixture on platter, if desired, or place remaining greens mixture in a serving bowl.
- In a screw-top jar combine vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper. Cover; shake well. Drizzle some of the dressing over the cucumber bouquets. Pass remainder with cucumbers and greens. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Kitchen Garden Bouquet Salad)
- Per serving:
- 55 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 101 mg sodium,
- 4 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet