Gazpacho Shrimp Salad
pounds fresh or frozen extra-large or jumbo shrimp, unpeeled
Recipe Red Pepper-Tomato Dressing, below
large ripe tomatoes, chopped
medium green sweet pepper, chopped
English cucumber, chopped
cups purchased crushed croutons
Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein. Fill large skillet 1/2 full with lightly salted water; bring to boiling. Add shrimp. Cook, uncovered, 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat. Let shrimp sit in water for 1 to 2 minutes or until opaque. Remove with slotted spoon; set aside to cool.
- Prepare Red Pepper-Tomato Dressing. In large bowl toss together vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide dressing among 6 bowls. Top with vegetables, shrimp, croutons, and parsley. Makes 6 servings.
Red Pepper-Tomato Dressing
12 ounce jar roasted red sweet peppers
large, ripe tomatoes, quarted
cup extra-virgin olive oil
clove garlic, minced
teaspoon smoked paprika
- Drain roasted red sweet peppers. In blender combine peppers, tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon vinegar, garlic, and smoked paprika. Cover and blend until very smooth. Season with remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Nutrition Facts(Gazpacho Shrimp Salad)
- Per serving:
- 285 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 115 mg chol.,
- 371 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet