- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cider or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 1/2 cups peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
1. In medium glass bowl combine egg product, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and mustard; whisk until smooth. Whisk in 1 tablespoon of the oil a few drops at a time. Gradually add remaining oil in a thin steady stream, whisking constantly until mixture is thickened, about 7 minutes.
2. On cutting board finely chop garlic. Sprinkle with a teaspoon of salt and rub with the side of a knife to form a paste. Transfer paste to small glass bowl. Add boiling water; let stand 2 minutes. Stir into mayonnaise. Refrigerate, covered, up to 3 days. Makes about 1-3/4 cups.
- In blender combine egg product, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and mustard. Cover and blend 5 seconds. With blender on low, add 1 cup peanut oil in a thin steady stream through opening in lid, stopping blender to scrape down sides with rubber spatula. Gradually blend in enough hot water to thin to a sauce-like consistency. Prepare garlic as above; stir into mayonnaise.
- cal. (kcal) 104,
- Fat, total (g) 12,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 5,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 4,
- vit. C (mg) 1,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 75,
- Potassium (mg) 4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet