Evolution Carrot Salad
large carrots, peeled and thinly chopped as desired
A few sprigs of fresh mint, leaves picked and finely chopped
A few sprigs of fresh cilantro, leaves picked and finely chopped
A few fresh chives, finely chopped (optional)
freshly ground black pepper
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
of a lemon
A good handful of mixed seeds such as sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and/or poppy seeds
Crispy flatbread, pappadams, or crackers
- Place the carrots in a bowl. Add the chopped herbs and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss together well. Pour in the extra virgin olive oil, squeeze in the juice from the lemon half, and toss again so everything is well coated.
- Place the mixed seeds in a hot, dry frying pan. Toss and toast them for a minute. Once toasted, sprinkle the seeds on the salad.
- Peel 2 or 3 small clementines and cut into thick slices. Either toss them into your salad or lay a few slices on a serving platter and pile the salad on top.
- Break the flatbread into small pieces. Toss into the salad or sprinkle over the top. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Evolution Carrot Salad)
- Per serving:
- 188 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 120 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet