Edamame Bread Salad
cup feta cheese
cup Greek yogurt or plain low-fat yogurt
tablespoons snipped fresh basil
clove garlic, minced
12 ounce packages frozen soybeans (edamame)
pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
Balsamic Dressing, below
cups yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
slices crusty country bread, toasted
Fresh basil leaves
- In bowl combine feta cheese and yogurt. Using fork mash into paste. Add basil and garlic, mash to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate, covered, up to 8 hours.
- In saucepan bring 8 cups lightly salted water to boiling. Add soybeans and green beans; return to boiling. Reduce heat and cook, covered, 6 to 8 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool. Prepare Balsamic Dressing.
- Add tomatoes to bean mixture. Drizzle 1/2 of dressing; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, up to 8 hours. Toss before serving.
- Spread feta mixture on bread slices; place slice on serving plate; mound bean mixture on top. Drizzle remaining dressing; sprinkle basil. Makes 6 servings.
cup extra virgin olive oil
tablespoons balsamic vinegar
tablespoons red wine vinegar
cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
tablespoons whipping cream
salt and pepper, season to taste
- In blender combine extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, and fresh basil leaves; blend until smooth. Add whipping cream and blend to mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts(Edamame Bread Salad)
- Per serving:
- 474 kcal cal.,
- 24 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 27 mg chol.,
- 679 mg sodium,
- 46 g carb.,
- 10 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 22 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet