- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 6 ounce cartons plain Greek yogurt or 1 recipe Yogurt Cheese (see tip)
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
1. In a small bowl combine yogurt, carrot, lemon peel, parsley, and feta cheese, if using. (Note: If using feta cheese, omit salt.) Cover and chill up to 24 hours. Stir before serving.
2. Use this as a pizza topper, a sandwich spread, or a veggie dip.
- You can replace the purchased Greek yogurt with easy-to-make yogurt cheese. When making yogurt cheese, use a brand of yogurt that contains no gums, gelatin, or fillers. These ingredients may prevent the whey from separating from the curd to make cheese.
- This lowfat snack is an good source of Vitamin A.
Yield: about 1 cup
- 1 16 ounce carton plain yogurt
1. Line a yogurt strainer, sieve, or a small colander with three layers of 100-percent cotton cheesecloth or a clean paper coffee filter. Suspend lined strainer, sieve, or colander over a bowl. Spoon in yogurt. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Remove from refrigerator. Drain and discard liquid. Store, covered, in refrigerator up to 1 week. Makes about 1 cup.
- cal. (kcal) 18,
- Fat, total (g) 1,
- chol. (mg) 1,
- carb. (g) 2,
- sugar (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 2,
- vit. A (IU) 1020,
- vit. C (mg) 1,
- sodium (mg) 12,
- Potassium (mg) 22,
- calcium (mg) 30,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet