- Serving Size: 2 tablespoon
- Yields: 1-3/4 cups
- Prep: 15 mins +making
- Chill: Up to 24 hrs
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, carrot, lemon peel, parsley, and feta cheese, if using. (Note: If using feta cheese, omit salt.) Cover and chill up to 24 hours. Stir before serving.
- Use this as a pizza topper, a sandwich spread, or a veggie dip.
You can replace the purchased Greek yogurt with easy-to-make yogurt cheese. When making yogurt cheese, use a brand of yogurt that contains no gums, gelatin, or fillers. These ingredients may prevent the whey from separating from the curd to make cheese.
This lowfat snack is an good source of Vitamin A.
- Line a yogurt strainer, sieve, or a small colander with three layers of 100-percent cotton cheesecloth or a clean paper coffee filter. Suspend lined strainer, sieve, or colander over a bowl. Spoon in yogurt. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Remove from refrigerator. Drain and discard liquid. Store, covered, in refrigerator up to 1 week. Makes about 1 cup.
- Per serving:
- 18 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- 1 mg chol.,
- 12 mg sodium,
- 2 g carb.,
- 1 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet