Creamy Cranberry Salad
envelope unflavored gelatin
8 ounce package cream cheese or reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
12 ounce carton cranberry-strawberry or cranberry-raspberry crushed fruit
cup chopped pecans
Sugared cranberries* (optional)
Sugared fresh basil leaves* (optional)
- In a 1-cup glass measure, stir together water and gelatin; let stand for 5 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until smooth. Beat in crushed fruit and pecans; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan containing 1 inch water, place the glass measure with gelatin mixture. Heat until gelatin dissolves, stirring constantly.
- Stir gelatin into cranberry mixture. Pour mixture into a 3 1/2- or 4-cup mold or divide it among eight 4-ounce gelatin molds. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or until firm. Unmold salad onto a serving plate or individual salad plates. If desired, garnish with sugared cranberries and basil. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
To make sugared cranberries and basil leaves, sprinkle berries and leaves with water. Roll in sugar, turning to coat evenly.
Nutrition Facts(Creamy Cranberry Salad)
- Per serving:
- 267 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 41 mg chol.,
- 125 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet