Creamy Cranberry Salad
Stir together this easy molded cream cheese and gelatin salad in minutes and let it chill. If you don't have a fancy mold for this creamy cranberry salad, make it in a 1 1/2-quart glass dish and serve it family-style.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Chill: 4 hrs
- In a 1-cup glass measure, stir together water and gelatin; let stand for 5 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until smooth. Beat in crushed fruit and pecans; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan containing 1 inch water, place the glass measure with gelatin mixture. Heat until gelatin dissolves, stirring constantly.
- Stir gelatin into cranberry mixture. Pour mixture into a 3 1/2- or 4-cup mold or divide it among eight 4-ounce gelatin molds. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or until firm. Unmold salad onto a serving plate or individual salad plates. If desired, garnish with sugared cranberries and basil. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
To make sugared cranberries and basil leaves, sprinkle berries and leaves with water. Roll in sugar, turning to coat evenly.
- 267 kcal cal.;
- 16 g Fat, total;
- 41 mg chol.;
- 9 g sat. fat;
- 25 g carb.;
- 4 g pro.;
- 125 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet