- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese or reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 1 12 ounce carton cranberry-strawberry or cranberry-raspberry crushed fruit
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Sugared cranberries* (optional)
- Sugared fresh basil leaves* (optional)
1. In a 1-cup glass measure, stir together water and gelatin; let stand for 5 minutes to soften.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until smooth. Beat in crushed fruit and pecans; set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan containing 1 inch water, place the glass measure with gelatin mixture. Heat until gelatin dissolves, stirring constantly.
4. Stir gelatin into cranberry mixture. Pour mixture into a 3 1/2- or 4-cup mold or divide it among eight 4-ounce gelatin molds. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or until firm. Unmold salad onto a serving plate or individual salad plates. If desired, garnish with sugared cranberries and basil. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- To make sugared cranberries and basil leaves, sprinkle berries and leaves with water. Roll in sugar, turning to coat evenly.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 267,
- Fat, total (g) 16,
- chol. (mg) 41,
- sat. fat (g) 9,
- carb. (g) 25,
- pro. (g) 4,
- sodium (mg) 125,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet