Creamy BLT Coleslaw
- In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the reserved drippings, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and celery seeds. Add cabbage, carrots, sunflower kernels, tomatoes, and green onions; toss gently to coat. Stir in crumbled bacon. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer coleslaw to a bowl or storage container; cover and chill overnight.
- Serve within 2 hours after removing coleslaw from refrigerator; discard any leftovers.
From the Test Kitchen
If desired, substitute 5 cups packaged shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix) for the cabbage or shredded broccoli and the carrots.
Nutrition Facts (Creamy BLT Coleslaw)
- Per serving:
- 412 kcal cal.,
- 39 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 21 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 21 mg chol.,
- 451 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Fran Edstrom 331 Days Ago
why do I have to throw leftovers away? It's delicious!
Justine 1585 Days Ago
I made this a few weeks ago once I received it in an issue of the magazine. My family & I thought it was delicious. I am making it tonight for a Barbque we are having and the only change I am making to this recipe is to use double the strips of bacon because you can never have too much bacon!!!