- Makes: 12 servings
- Yields: 12 side-dish servings
- Prep: 40 mins
- Chill: 6 hrs to 24 hrs
Classic Potato Salad
pounds red and/or yellow new potatoes, quartered
cups mayonnaise or salad dressing
tablespoon yellow mustard
teaspoon black pepper
cup thinly sliced celery (2 stalks)
cup chopped onion (1 small)
cup chopped sweet or dill pickles or sweet or dill pickle relish
hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
Lettuce leaves (optional)
- In a medium saucepan place potatoes, the 1/4 teaspoon salt, and enough water to cover. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until just tender. Drain well; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, in a large bowl combine mayonnaise, mustard, the 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the pepper. Stir in the celery, onion, and pickles. Add the potatoes and eggs. Toss lightly to coat. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
- To serve, if desired, line a salad bowl with lettuce leaves. Transfer the potato salad to the bowl. If desired, sprinkle with paprika.
- Makes 12 side-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts (Classic Potato Salad)
- Per serving:
- 277 kcal cal.,
- 21 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 10 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 120 mg chol.,
- 337 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesSalad Recipes