Chicken Salad with Mango Vinaigrette
- Pit, peel, and cube the mangoes. Measure 1 cup mango cubes for use in the vinaigrette; set remaining mango cubes aside for salad.
- In a small bowl, stir together the curry powder, pepper, and salt. Sprinkle chicken evenly with curry mixture; rub in with your fingers. For charcoal grill, place chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling. (For gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place chicken on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.) (Or preheat broiler. Place chicken on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender and no longer pink [170 degrees F], turning once.) Cool chicken slightly; slice into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
- Arrange greens on four dinner plates. Top greens with chicken strips, cantaloupe, raspberries, apple slices, and reserved mango cubes. Drizzle salads with Mango Vinaigrette. Sprinkle green onions over.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the mango cubes, orange juice, rice vinegar or white wine vinegar, honey, and Dijon-style mustard. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Cover and chill until serving time (up to 2 hours).
Nutrition Facts (Chicken Salad with Mango Vinaigrette)
- Per serving:
- 253 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 49 mg chol.,
- 173 mg sodium,
- 39 g carb.,
- 7 g fiber,
- 22 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet