This grilled chicken salad recipe receives a double dose of juicy blackberries. They are combined with several ingredients for the dressing and added prior to serving along with pears and feta cheese.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Marinate: 1 hr to 4 hrs
- Grill: 12 mins to 15 mins
cup fresh orange juice
cup fresh lime juice
cup fresh lemon juice
tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
teaspoon chopped fresh basil
teaspoon ground black pepper
medium skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 lb. total)
cups fresh blackberries
cup red wine vinegar
teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
cup extra virgin olive oil
ounce Mediterranean mixed salad greens
medium pears, cored and thinly sliced
cup crumbled feta cheese (3 oz.)
- In small bowl stir together orange, lime, and lemon juices, 1 tablespoon oil, basil, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place chicken in resealable plastic bag set in large bowl. Pour juice mixture over chicken; seal bag. Refrigerate 1 to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- For dressing, in blender combine 1 cup of the blackberries, vinegar, sugar, mustard, oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and blend until smooth. With blender running, slowly add 1/2 cup oil in a thin steady stream until well combined. Transfer to serving container. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. For charcoal grill, place chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until done (170 degrees F.), turning once. (For gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Add chicken to grill rack. Cover and grill as above.)
- Slice chicken. Divide greens among 4 serving plates. Top with chicken, pears, and remaining 2 cups berries. Top each with some of the dressing and feta cheese. Pass remaining dressing. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken-Berry Salad)
- Per serving:
- 603 kcal cal.,
- 35 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 21 g monounsatured fat),
- 101 mg chol.,
- 427 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 9 g fiber,
- 25 g sugar,
- 38 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet