Chicken and Fruit Salad with Mango Vinaigrette
- Pit, peel, and slice the mangoes. Measure 1-1/2 cups for use in the vinaigrette; set remaining slices aside for salad.
- Stir together the curry, salt, and pepper. Rub chicken with curry mixture. Grill chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals about 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning once halfway through grilling. (Or, place chicken on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 10 to 12 minutes, turning once.) Cool chicken slightly; slice into 1/4-inch strips.
- Arrange greens on individual dinner plates. Top with chicken strips, melon, strawberries, and reserved mango slices. Drizzle each salad with some of the Mango Vinaigrette. Sprinkle green onion over all. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Up to 2 hours ahead, prepare the Mango Vinaigrette. Cover and chill.
- In a blender container or food processor bowl, combine the 1-1/2 cups peeled mango pieces, 1/4 cup orange juice, 3 tablespoons rice vinegar or white wine vinegar, 2 teaspoons honey, and 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Cover and chill until serving time. Makes about 1-1/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken and Fruit Salad with Mango Vinaigrette)
- Per serving:
- 232 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 45 mg chol.,
- 154 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet