- Yields: 8 tacos
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 8 mins
Catfish and Slaw Tacos
pound fresh or frozen catfish fillets
cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
a small head cabbage, shredded (about 2-1/2 cups)
tablespoon Cajun seasoning
cup vegetable oil (more as needed)
4 inches corn tortillas or eight 8-inch flour tortillas
Bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Thaw fish if frozen; set aside. For slaw, squeeze about 3 tablespoons juice from lime. In medium bowl combine juice, mayonnaise, and 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce. Add cabbage; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Cut fish in 1-inch strips. Toss strips with Cajun seasoning. In large bowl combine cornmeal and flour. Add catfish strips. Toss to coat with cornmeal mixture.
- In large skillet cook catfish strips, half at a time, in hot oil over medium heat about 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and fish flakes when tested with a fork. Remove from skillet.
- Wrap tortillas in paper towels. Heat in microwave oven on 100 per cent power (high) for 1 minute (or toast in a dry skillet). If using corn tortillas, stack two for each taco, or use one flour tortilla for each taco. Top with 2 or 3 pieces of fish and some of the slaw. Reserve remaining dressing to serve with tacos. Serve with limes, reserved dressing, and additional hot pepper sauce. Serve immediately. Makes 8 tacos.
Nutrition Facts (Catfish and Slaw Tacos)
- Per serving:
- 310 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 29 mg chol.,
- 150 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 12 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBreakfast and Brunch Fish and Seafood Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Fish and Seafood Recipes, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Lunch Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart Healthy Dinners, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Cholesterol Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Party Appetizers, Party Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Salad Recipes, Shellfish Recipes