Catfish and Slaw Tacos
- Thaw fish if frozen; set aside. For slaw, squeeze about 3 tablespoons juice from lime. In medium bowl combine juice, mayonnaise, and 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce. Add cabbage; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Cut fish in 1-inch strips. Toss strips with Cajun seasoning. In large bowl combine cornmeal and flour. Add catfish strips. Toss to coat with cornmeal mixture.
- In large skillet cook catfish strips, half at a time, in hot oil over medium heat about 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and fish flakes when tested with a fork. Remove from skillet.
- Wrap tortillas in paper towels. Heat in microwave oven on 100 per cent power (high) for 1 minute (or toast in a dry skillet). If using corn tortillas, stack two for each taco, or use one flour tortilla for each taco. Top with 2 or 3 pieces of fish and some of the slaw. Reserve remaining dressing to serve with tacos. Serve with limes, reserved dressing, and additional hot pepper sauce. Serve immediately. Makes 8 tacos.
Nutrition Facts (Catfish and Slaw Tacos)
- Per serving:
- 310 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 29 mg chol.,
- 150 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 12 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet