California Tuna Parmesan
cup extra-virgin olive oil
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
ounces asparagus, trimmed
4 ounces fresh tuna steaks
5 ounce package mixed baby greens
cup finely shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Finely shred 2 teaspoons peel from one lemon. Squeeze juice from lemon. For dressing, in small bowl whisk together oil, lemon peel and juice, pepper, and salt; set aside. Cut remaining lemon in wedges; set aside.
- Place asparagus in single layer in shallow baking pan. Drizzle 2 tablespoons dressing. Bake, uncovered, for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon dressing in large skillet. Add tuna; cook 4 to 6 minutes each side, until browned and center is slightly pink.
- Divide greens among 4 plates; top with tuna and asparagus. Drizzle remaining dressing. Sprinkle Parmesan; pass lemon wedges. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(California Tuna Parmesan)
- Per serving:
- 377 kcal cal.,
- 26 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 16 g monounsatured fat),
- 48 mg chol.,
- 312 mg sodium,
- 9 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 31 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet