- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 5 ounce packages (about 18 cups) mixed baby salad greens
- 1 cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 2 15 ounce cans small whole beets or 8 small cooked beets, chilled
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil or flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled semisoft goat cheese (chevre) (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup broken walnuts, toasted
1. Place salad greens in a large salad bowl. Drizzle with some of the dressing; toss gently to coat. Set aside.
2. Drain and cut up beets. In a medium bowl, combine beets, basil, and pepper. Drizzle with some of the dressing; toss gently to coat.
3. To serve, arrange greens and beet mixture on a large platter. Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts. Pass any remaining dressing. Makes 16 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 16,
- cal. (kcal) 147,
- Fat, total (g) 10,
- chol. (mg) 7,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 11,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 6,
- sodium (mg) 571,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet