- Prepare Lemon Vinaigrette; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Split baguette in half horizontally. In small bowl combine olive oil and garlic. Brush onto cut sides of baguette. Cut each bread piece lengthwise into 3 or 4 breadsticks. Place on baking sheet. Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until toasted. Transfer to wire rack; cool.
- In large bowl combine lettuce and basil. In 3- to 4-quart glass canister or desired container layer greens, tomatoes, pine nuts, and cheese . Serve with breadsticks and Lemon Vinaigrette. Makes 6 servings.
- In small screw-top jar combine olive oil, finely shredded lemon peel, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, salt, and ground black pepper. Cover; shake well.
Nutrition Facts (Basil-Tomato Salad)
- Per serving:
- 449 kcal cal.,
- 33 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 20 g monounsatured fat),
- 8 mg chol.,
- 502 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet