Bacon, Egg, Spinach and Tuna Salad
ounces tuna steaks
cup white wine vinegar
tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
6 ounce package fresh baby spinach
- Place eggs in saucepan; cover with water. Bring to rapid boil. Remove from heat; cover. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes (yolks will be soft-set at 10). Drain. Rinse with cold water; cool. Peel and halve.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain; reserve drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon and set aside. Remove 2 tablespoons drippings for dressing. Add tuna to skillet; cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes per side or until slightly pink in center. Transfer to cutting board; cover and keep warm. Slice before serving.
- Wipe skillet clean. Whisk in reserved drippings, vinegar, honey, and mustard to skillet. Bring to boiling.
- Line plates with spinach. Top with sliced tuna, crumbled bacon, and the eggs. Drizzle dressing. Sprinkle pepper. Makes 4 servings
Nutrition Facts(Bacon, Egg, Spinach and Tuna Salad)
- Per serving:
- 481 kcal cal.,
- 32 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 289 mg chol.,
- 702 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 34 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet