- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 pound fresh or frozen medium shrimp in shells
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 oranges
- Orange juice (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or salad oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact if desired. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to boiling. Add shrimp; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Drain in colander. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Transfer shrimp to a bowl. Add orange peel and the 2 tablespoons orange juice; toss gently to coat.
2. In a covered medium saucepan, cook asparagus in a small amount of boiling water for 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain in colander. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
3. Peel oranges. Working over a bowl, cut oranges into sections; reserve 1/3 cup of the juice. (If necessary, add additional orange juice to make 1/3 cup.) In a small bowl, whisk together the 1/3 cup orange juice, the oil, vinegar, garlic, tarragon, salt, and pepper.
4. In a large bowl, combine shrimp, asparagus, orange sections, greens, and green onions. Pour dressing over all; toss gently to coat.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 233,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- chol. (mg) 172,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 18,
- fiber (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 26,
- sodium (mg) 165,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet