- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 8 ounces packaged dried pasta (such as vermicelli, angel hair, rotini, or bow tie)
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup bottled plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 - 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 medium red or green sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips
- 1 11 ounce can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen sugar snap peas, halved crosswise
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus the last 5 minutes of cooking. Rinse well under cold running water; drain thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
2. For dressing, in a small mixing bowl stir together plum sauce, water, soy sauce, sesame oil, and crushed red pepper.
3. In a large bowl combine pasta mixture, sweet pepper, oranges, sugar snap peas, green onions, and almonds. Add dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Makes 8 to 10 side-dish servings.
- cal. (kcal) 187,
- Fat, total (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 34,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 7,
- sodium (mg) 123,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet