Arugula and Pear Salad
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt. Cover and shake well. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook pancetta or bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove from skillet; drain on paper towels. Set aside. Add pear slices to drippings in skillet; cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned and tender, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
- In a very large bowl, combine arugula, onion slices, and dressing. Gently toss to coat with dressing.
- Divide arugula mixture among six salad plates. Arrange pears on top. Sprinkle with pancetta, pine nuts, and Gorgonzola cheese. If desired, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Makes 6 side-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts (Arugula and Pear Salad)
- Per serving:
- 215 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 11 mg chol.,
- 343 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet