- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. In a bowl, stir together onion powder, brown sugar, thyme, salt, allspice, black pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and cayenne pepper. Spoon into a clean, dry small jar. Fasten lid; attach directions for using rub to jar (below).
- Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- Rub half of the rub evenly onto 1 pound pork or chicken before grilling.