Rosemary-Strawberry Shortcake Pizza
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl combine strawberries and honey. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while preparing shortcake.
- For shortcake, in a food processor combine flour, the 1/4 cup sugar, the rosemary, baking powder, and salt; pulse to mix. (Or whisk together in large bowl.) Add butter to flour mixture; pulse several times. (Or cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives.) While pulsing, add cream, pulsing until dough begins to come together. (Or make a well in center of flour mixture. Pour cream into well. Mix with fork just until dough is evenly moistened.)
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead quickly. Roll dough to 9x13-inch rectangle (1/2-inch thickness). Transfer dough to a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. With a sharp knife, score dough (cutting not quite through) in 1-1/2-inch squares. Brush dough with egg white; sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons sugar. Bake 22 to 26 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer shortcake and parchment to a wooden board or platter. Spoon strawberries onto shortcake. Drizzle with juices. Serve in tumblers or bowls. Top with whipped cream.
From the Test Kitchen
On a charcoal grill large enough to accommodate a large skillet placed in the center of the grill rack, arrange medium-hot coals around perimeter of grill (for indirect griliing). Prepare shortcake as directed. After kneading, pat dough into a generously buttered 12-inch cast-iron skillet. Test for medium heat above center of grill. Place skillet in center of grill (not over coals). Cover and grill for 25 to 30 minutes or until set in center. Remove from grill; let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges. Serve with strawberries and whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts (Rosemary-Strawberry Shortcake Pizza)
- Per serving:
- 347 kcal ,
- 23 g fat
- (14 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 77 mg chol. ,
- 285 mg sodium ,
- 33 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 12 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.