Rosemary Porterhouse Steaks with Olive Mayo
porterhouse steaks, cut 1 to 1-1/4 inches thick (about 1 pound each)
tablespoon olive oil
tablespoon finely snipped fresh rosemary
teaspoon kosher salt or salt
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
recipe Olive Mayo
Snipped fresh rosemary (optional)
- Trim fat from steaks. Brush steaks with oil. In a small bowl combine the 1 tablespoon rosemary, the salt, and pepper. Sprinkle mixture over both sides of steaks; rub in with your fingers. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Olive Mayo. Cover and chill until serving time.
- For a charcoal grill, grill steaks on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals to desired doneness, turning once halfway through grilling. Allow 10 to 13 minutes for medium-rare (145 degrees F) or 12 to 15 minutes for medium (160 degrees F). (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place steaks on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as directed.) Let steaks stand for 5 minutes.
- If desired, sprinkle steaks with additional fresh rosemary. Cut steaks into serving-size portions. Serve with Olive Mayo.
tablespoons chopped pitted Kalamata olives
tablespoon snipped fresh dillweed
clove garlic, minced
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, olives, dillweed, and garlic.
Nutrition Facts(Rosemary Porterhouse Steaks with Olive Mayo)
- Per serving:
- 682 kcal cal.,
- 59 g fat
- (18 g sat. fat,
- 14 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 17 g monounsatured fat),
- 125 mg chol.,
- 654 mg sodium,
- 1 g carb.,
- 34 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet