- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 porterhouse steaks, cut 1 to 1-1/4 inches thick (about 1 pound each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely snipped fresh rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt or salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 recipe Olive Mayo
- Snipped fresh rosemary (optional)
1. Trim fat from steaks. Brush steaks with oil. In a small bowl combine the 1 tablespoon rosemary, the salt, and pepper. Sprinkle mixture over both sides of steaks; rub in with your fingers. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare Olive Mayo. Cover and chill until serving time.
3. For a charcoal grill, grill steaks on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals to desired doneness, turning once halfway through grilling. Allow 10 to 13 minutes for medium-rare (145 degrees F) or 12 to 15 minutes for medium (160 degrees F). (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place steaks on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as directed.) Let steaks stand for 5 minutes.
4. If desired, sprinkle steaks with additional fresh rosemary. Cut steaks into serving-size portions. Serve with Olive Mayo.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dillweed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
1. In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, olives, dillweed, and garlic.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 682,
- Fat, total (g) 59,
- chol. (mg) 125,
- sat. fat (g) 18,
- carb. (g) 1,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 17,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 14,
- pro. (g) 34,
- sodium (mg) 654,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet