Rosemary-Parmesan Bread with Garlic Butter
- In an extra-large bowl stir together the warm water and yeast; let stand about 10 minutes or until mixture is foamy. Add all-purpose flour, cheese, whole wheat flour, rosemary, and salt to yeast mixture; stir just until combined. Stir with a wooden spoon about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball. (Dough will be very soft and sticky.) Cover bowl with plastic wrap; let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Lightly coat a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Line the bottom of the cooker with parchment paper; coat paper with cooking spray and sprinkle with cornmeal. Turn dough out onto a well floured surface; shape dough into a ball. Place in the center of the prepared cooker.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting about 2 hours or until an instant-read thermometer inserted near the center registers 200 degrees F, giving the crockery liner a half-turn halfway through cooking, if possible. (Do not lift the lid.)
- Preheat broiler. Remove bread from cooker; peel off parchment paper. Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 to 6 inches from the heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until bread is golden and surface is no longer moist. Transfer to a wire rack. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with garlic salt. Cool completely before slicing.
Nutrition Facts (Rosemary-Parmesan Bread with Garlic Butter)
- Per serving:
- 104 kcal ,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 5 mg chol. ,
- 283 mg sodium ,
- 18 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 0 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.